Recipe : Tom Yum Kung
August 22 ,2019
- 10 large Tiger prawns
- 4 Shallots
- 2 Stalks lemon grass
- 1 tbs Fish sauce
- 1 Galangal root
- 6 large Straw mushrooms
- 3 tbs tamarind paste
- 5 Kaffir lime leaves
- 10 Bird's eye chilies
- 2 long Coriander leaves
- 4 cups Water
- 2 tbs Oil
- The shrimp - clean and devein it, then put it in the bowl. Separate prawn head out.
- In a pot, bring to boil water, shallots and one stalk of lemon grass.
- Briefly and lightly, cook the prawns for 10-15 seconds until only 60% done. Remove them immediately from the pot and set aside.
- Add mushroom.
- Season with one tbs of fish sauce and cook for couple of minutes until the mushrooms are done.
- Return the prawns to the pot.
- Turn off the heat, we will now season the dish and finish it before serving. Turn off the heat to ensure the flavors will remain crisp and fresh.
- Season with tamarind paste
- Add hand torn kaffir lime leaves - to release the maximum of the aromatic oils, add crushed bird's eye chilies, coriander.
- Fry the prawns head in oil until it gets a deep orange color.
Finish the dish by adding the prawns head it into the soup.